The details below are designed to give you guidance on what happens when you make a claim and the steps involved from when you first register a claim with us, to getting it all settled.
If you have purchased a vehicle via BCA Live Online and you have a vehicle grading claim it is important you either:
- Register your complaint before you remove the vehicle from site if you are self-collecting
- If the vehicle is being delivered within one working day of receipt and a correctly endorsed proof of delivery (POD) will be required.
Please complete the BCA Customer Claims form, making sure you have the following information to hand:
- BCA Buyer Account number or full address
- Registration number of vehicle
- Sale date of vehicle
- Please attach any supporting documents e.g. proof of delivery, images of any damage
Alternatively if you have any questions the Customer Services Claims team are here to help so please feel free to contact us:
- Call: 0330 102 8461
- Lines open Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Calls may be recorded
BCA will always try to do their best to capture all defects on the appraisal, but if any are missed, BCA will only entertain complaints where a re-examination reveals the grade to have changed.
- Vehicles are checked using a standard viewing angle (SVA) at 2 metres, at 90 and 45 degrees - and not a bodyline check. Defects will be recorded, and significant defects will be imaged if visible in normal daylight. As part of the appraisal process we will provide images to support defects of significance, however, where a panel has a number of defects we may only record and image the most severe defect
- Once we have received your Claims form a member of the Customer Services Claims team will review your claim along with any supporting documents you have submitted and contact you within 48 hours to discuss the next steps.
- If you haven’t already provided it we may ask you to send us photographs of any damage and any other documentary evidence.
- More information is available at www.bca.co.uk/autograde.
Once your claim has been reviewed our technical team will assess all the documentation, and advise if you claim is valid and then discuss the best way to resolve your claim.
Our commitment to you
At BCA we are committed to giving customers the best possible buying experience, and are constantly refining and further improving all our processes - including those where a buyer may wish to raise a complaint or issue after purchasing a vehicle.
We promise to:
- Make it clear and simple if you wish to raise a complaint
- Carry out our complaints process in an open and responsive way
- Be objective, consistent and systematic in how we work to resolve complaints
- Constantly review our complaints processes so they are relevant and up-to-date with any changing needs
Top claims FAQs
How do I make a claim?
We try to make it as easy as possible for you, more information can found here
How long does it take to settle a claim?
It depends on the type of claim, we will work hard to make sure we settle all of our claims as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Customer Service Claims team will keep you updated throughout the process, however if you would like an update on your claim you can contact the team by telephone 0330 102 8461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when I make a claim?
Once we have received your Claims form a member of the Customer Services Claims team will review your claim along with any supporting documents you have submitted and contact you within 48 hours to discuss the next steps.
If you haven’t already provided it we may ask you to send us images of any faults or any other documentary evidence you feel would support your claim.
Once your claim has been reviewed our technical team will assess all the documentation, and advise if your claim is valid and then discuss the best way to resolve your claim.
Will I be notified once the claim is closed?
Our Customer Service Claims team will keep you updated throughout the process and confirm to you once your claim is closed.
To find out the progress of an existing claim please call our Customer Services Claims team on 0330 102 8461 or email email@example.com . Please make sure you have the vehicle registration to hand or include it in your email to help us locate your claim in the process as quickly as possible.