BCA are proud to bring you BCA Assured. BCA Assured is an independent multi-point vehicle check carried out on vehicles at BCA.
Whether you’re buying in the auction hall or online, accurate vehicle information is key so that you can buy with confidence. A vehicle with a BCA Assured report gives you that confidence and peace of mind.
If a vehicle has had a BCA Assured inspection, the report will be available online as well as displayed with the vehicle at the BCA auction centre. For Live Online buyers, the report is also available to view on the Live Online system when viewing vehicle details.
In November last year we introduced BCA Assured for cars and almost all our Auction Centres are now conducting BCA Assured inspections on qualifying cars from participating vendors.
We are trialling BCA Assured and Video Appraisals for all Lex Autolease and Black Horse used LCVs at Blackbushe, Measham Commercials and Belle Vue Commercials. BCA Glasgow is currently trialling Video Appraisals with BCA Assured to follow in June 2013.
Find out more.
The BCA Assured report
- Includes over 30 different checks across engine bay, engine running, tyre condition, interior/dashboard and dynamic operation.
- Entitles you to claim against these specific checks if the vehicle is not as reported.
- Means you can buy with complete confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is BCA Assured?
- It is a 30 point mechanical check carried out by an independent motoring organisation.
- It is not a detailed Mechanical Inspection or an MOT and we do not road test the vehicle.
What does the BCA Assured Report Cover?
- The check includes 20m onsite drive test to test brakes (using VOSA approved brake testing equipment), also covered are warning lights, tyre depths, engine noise, limited gearbox check of 1st & reverse gear, suspension and fluid levels.
Why doesn’t every car have one?
- Only cars under 8 years & 120 000 miles for vendors that have agreed to have this check on their vehicles will be BCA Assured. However cars registered on the "current plate" or immediately "preceding plate" do not have a BCA Assured Inspection.
Why only cars under 8 years & 120,000 miles
- These vehicles were selected following feedback from our buyers as to which vehicle they were most interested in receiving the check, excluding "current" or "preceding" plate cars.
Will the scheme cover LCVs?
- We are trialling BCA Assured and Video Appraisal for Lex Autolease and Black Horse at Blackbushe, Measham Commercials and Belle Vue Commercials. BCA Glasgow is currently trialling Video Appraisal with BCA Assured to follow in June 2013. Find out more.
How will I know if a vehicle is BCA Assured
- If a vehicle is BCA Assured there will be a mechanical report on Auction View (a button next to the Inspection on the vehicle details screen).
- A copy of the Mechanical Report will be attached to the vehicle on the day of sale.
Who checks the cars?
- A well known independent motoring organisation not BCA staff will be checking the vehicles.
How do they test the brakes?
- The testers use VOSA approved brake testing equipment over a 20 metre test drive.
Will BCA Assured be available nationwide?
- We started the BCA Assured roll-out to all centres in the UK Auction Network Q4 of 2011.
- The check should be nationwide by the end of Q4-2012 for cars with LCVs coming soon after (subject to approval).
How do I make a claim?
- You need to call the BCA Remarketing Services on 01530 279120.
- Note that BCA reserve the right to rectify any vehicle misreported.
How long will it take to resolve a dispute?
- Given that BCA reserve the right to rectify any vehicle misreported there is no fixed time frame that can be defined to resolve a dispute as the resolution may be subject to parts order delays or repair scheduling.
What if I want to return the vehicle to BCA.
- As BCA reserve the right to rectify any vehicle misreported it is only in extreme circumstances that a vehicle may be accepted back by BCA and a full refund provided.
What if there is a problem with the car & how soon do I have to notify you?
- If a vehicle carries an BCA Assured report you will have 48 hours (or up-to 500 miles whichever comes first) from the vehicle leaving BCA
- 48 hours (or up-to 500 miles whichever comes first) from vehicle delivery if the vehicle is being delivered by BCA.
How much will BCA Assured cost buyers?
- The fee you pay for a BCA Assured report depends on your MyBCA Card colour, all prices exclude VAT.
|Card Colour|| Fee
| Non Account
Terms and conditions apply.