You can now pay your BCA invoices online. This guide tells you how you can pay for your vehicle with a Debit card (Bid-Now or Buy-Now customers only), or directly through your bank account (All customers).
How can I pay BCA directly with my Debit card?
If you have purchased a vehicle through the Bid-Now or Buy-Now online channel, you will receive an email shortly after making your purchase. This email will contain a secure link to the BCA payment gateway, where your invoice details will be displayed along with your BCA account details. You can enter your Debit card details here and your payment will be taken immediately. You should print a copy of the receipt page after you have made your payment.
It may take BCA up to 1 business/working day to confirm payment and clear your vehicle for release. If you wish to collect your vehicle within 24 hours of making your payment online, please call the appropriate BCA branch office and ensure you have your payment reference available.
You should ensure all the details displayed on the invoice page are correct, and that the website URL you see starts with: https://payments.british-car-auctions.co.uk/
How can I pay BCA through my bank account and what's the benefit for me?
- Simple and convenient – it’s easy to do, and means you can pay for your invoices 24/7. It’s like a BACS bank payment, but it does not take 3 days to clear. Most payments clear almost immediately, but please check with your bank to confirm their processing hours for online payments, as these may not be 24/7. Also if you make an online payment after 5.00pm Monday to Friday, the payment will be processed by BCA during the morning of the next working day.
- Free or minimal charges to pay unlike a CHAPS payment where a fee of upto £30 is levied.
- Safe - It’s a bit like paying with cash as it’s instant, but without the risk of carrying cash. As you are paying directly through your bank from your bank account, it couldn’t be safer.
- If you buy vehicles online with Live Online, you may already receive your invoices by email. With online payments, you can now pay these invoices online without having to visit a BCA centre to pay.
- All buyers who have purchased vehicles in the auction hall can save time by not potentially waiting to pay at the cashier. In particular, buyers without a BCA cheque account who would normally wait for cheque clearance before collecting vehicles, can now take possession of vehicles quicker by paying for invoices online.
Looking for BCA's bank details so you can pay online?
BCA’s bank details are shown below. As this information will always be displayed as an image, you can’t copy and paste so please take care to note this information down accurately.
How do I pay my invoice(s) online?
You’ll need your BCA invoice, your BCA account number and the registration details of the vehicle(s) you’ve purchased. Your bank account will need sufficient funds available to cover your invoice amount. The image below shows where to find the required information on your invoice.
- Visit your banks’ website. After you have signed in using your banking login details, you’ll need to choose to set up a Faster Payment. Banks may vary in what they call this, some call it a ‘Payment’, others a ‘Bill Payment’. If in doubt, consult your bank’s customer service team.
- Setting up your payment. When setting up your payment you will be asked for the following information. It is vital you enter this information correctly:
Does my bank allow Faster Payments?
All UK banks have agreed to offer Faster Payments, however some of the smaller banks offer lower payment limits. To find out how your bank treats Faster Payments, go to: http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_payments_service/value_limits/. If you are in any doubt, just contact your bank.
What other ways can I pay my BCA invoice?
For more information on other ways to pay BCA and for rules and regulations around deposits etc, please visit http://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/default.aspx?page=11151
Is it safe paying my invoice online?
Remember to stay safe online by protecting your personal details and only ever enter financial information on a trusted website like your bank or a recognised company like PayPal. For more on staying safe online, visit http://www.getsafeonline.org
After you've bought your vehicle
Our customer service team is always ready to answer your questions.
Call us on 0845 600 6644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org